I made this with two adjustments one for the cock and lock and the other for the hammer down on a empty chamber. Weapon in the picture is not the one the holster was made for. I'm told nobody carries a 1911 with the hammer down. I still wanted to see if I could make the two position holster. To much time on my hands.

post-14054-0-12065200-1374379606_thumb.j

Edited by longtooth

Thought you would like to see the back side.

A lot of folks do carry 1911s and similarly designed pistols empty with the hammer down, those who carry in low risk environments who like the safety of an unchambered weapon. Whether this is a good idea or not is subject to debate but I don't think we'll cover that here, lol. That being said, all the thumb breaks on my holsters(1911, browning high power, etc) are sized to work hammer down or cocked and locked. It is a good design that allows the user to carry either way. Good thinking!

Thank you Jboss. Just found out the newer 1911's have a safety built in that won't allow the weapon to discharge. I think it's called the 80 series.

nice holster. one question though. does the front sight hang up on the holster when drawing the handgun fast?

i have always designed my holsters to cover all of the barrel due to front sight may catch the holster and hangup.

nice holster. one question though. does the front sight hang up on the holster when drawing the handgun fast?

i have always designed my holsters to cover all of the barrel due to front sight may catch the holster and hangup.

the holster was made for a 4-inch commander not the gun that's in the holster at this time