Constabulary

Singer 111G156 - Timing Belt Replacement

Hi,. I have aSinger model 111G156 machine.  I am not a techician so I am unfamiliar with all of the terminology relating to parts.

i just replaced the clutch motor with a Family Servo motor which works fine.

the trouble I am having is that the bobbin thread kept knotting arounfpd the bobbin casing.  In trying to untangle everything I may have thrown off the timing.  Now the needle is not picking up the bobbin thread to pull it up through the feed fogs., therefore, it is not creating a stitch.

is there anything I can do to repair it myself since money is a big scarce right now?  I have a manual for the 111G155 which I guess is similar to the G156, but since I don't know what the parts are called the manual becomes Greek to me!

any advice?

thank you

Carol

Sorry for the typos.

one more question.  I read in one of the posts that states when replacing the belts  something had to be in the highest position.  Please explain

thanks again

Remember jamming underneath is always do to incorrect threading or too loose upper tension.You might have knocked the clutch out alittle,this model has lines on the inside that need to be lined up  which the outside, they are marked A &B.So push the button down & turn the machine until the lines line up.Also when you started sewing did you pull the bobbin thread above the needle plate & you also need to hold onto the needle thread the first 3 stitches.

Edited by CowboyBob