piheart

What Exactly Needle Should I Get For Pfaff 1245?

have been looking for right needle for my pfaff 1245, small size ones 16# 18# 20#. called few stores, they have differnt recommandation:

1." Organ needle 190LR MTX190 ( just checked, Cowboy told me this one has zig-zag - Thank you again! Cowboy :) my question is that i can use this needle on my machine? cause zig-zag looks cool somehow on leather ) "

2. or " 190R "

3." 134-35LR "

4. and even have one I never heard before " 135x17 ". if I remember, one store owner said " 135 x17 " needle is shorter.

I'm so confusing, which one should I get? ( right now I think I have 22# 24# - D point )

also, my pfaff is 1245 706/47, not 1245 706/06 or 706/08, they all 1245, they use same needle, right?

got lots to learn, but I really love leatherworking/leatherworker! :D

Edited by piheart

Every 1245 I've seen, by the book, takes a system needle 134-35 (R ). (R ) designates a regular point, that is a sharp, spear, or acute point needle. 134-35(LR) is same needle, same everything, but the LR point cuts the leather to the right at a 45° angle in the direction of sewing. Slight to medium slanted stitch formation, depending on the goods being sewn. The sewn thread is slightly elevated. Stitch holes are easily visible. Suitable for short to medium stitches. These produce decorative seams on soft to med. hard leather. Examples of use are shoes, bags, leather garments.

Every 1245 I've seen, by the book, takes a system needle 134-35 (R ). (R ) designates a regular point, that is a sharp, spear, or acute point needle. So the R is really just a place holder. 134-35(LR) is same needle, same everything, but the LR point cuts the leather to the right at a 45° angle in the direction of sewing. Slight to medium slanted stitch formation, depending on the goods being sewn. The sewn thread is slightly elevated. Stitch holes are easily visible. Suitable for short to medium stitches. These produce decorative seams on soft to med. hard leather. Examples of use are shoes, bags, leather garments.

Edited by Gregg From Keystone Sewing