soldiermedic

In Search Of Quiver Pattern

Good day folks,

I am looking to do a back quiver for a birthday present for my wife, and i am having a difficult times finding a pattern other than Tandy patterns. Looking for more of san oval shape instead of round. Anyone have a source on these patterns?

Make a pattern out of poster board and you can get any shape you want.

Edited by dirtclod

I know it xounds simple, but drawing a design is not a strong point for me. I can carve and tool all dsy, bjt the initialdesign and shape is where I dont want to waste 4 sheets of poster board to get it right. Was hoping a tried and true pattern existed.

Cut the poster board in half roll in a circle and squeeze the top till you get the shape you want tape it in a couple of places. Then mark a couple of small lines on the board. Untape draw a straight line and cut it out and you have your pattern.

What dirtclod said. I just finished an flattened oval quiver. I used a retangular piece for the body (with a curve to the top edge) and when it came time for me to sew the bottom I squeezed the body of the case to the proper sized. Drew the bottom on the leather which gave me the bottom of the quiver. For the mouth of the quiver I cut four holes near the top and threaded a lace through which when tied off forces the top into the same shape as the bottom. I've enclosed a picture that shows the back side. I whipped stiched the bottom on then reversed the whip stitch to give that triangular look.

post-18783-0-07900800-1377022881_thumb.j

Edited by Peter Darby

I used this one:

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

It is a PDF file, scale it as per your arrows - make sure that about 2/3 of the arrow's length is inside the quiver and 1/3 is outside.

Edited by user2013

It might be to late (just joined the forum) but here is a pattern that I am going to try soon, It's a simple pattern that can be customized fairly easily. http://www.yeoldegaffers.com/project_quiver.asp

That quiver has large opening, better for returning arrows. One that I did has 2 buckles, so you can adjust its height and the angle to make sure the arrows are always in the same comfortable for you position. So shooting would be easier. But its narrow opening makes it harder to use at the range because it is very hard to place arrows back into it.

Photos of my finished quiver:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/110484406384467784439/albums/5854958980046817905