prc77ro

Home Made Tool Rack

I filled two Craftool tool racks, and a home made tool rack that was equal to two of the Craftool racks and decided to make a larger one this past weekend. I had a 4'X6' sheet of 3/4 Birch laying around so I drew up a plan and started cutting. Basically the racked is stacked layers of the 3/4" with the angled sides cut on my table saw. This I had to do in several stages as the rack is about 10" high and my table saw is only a10"(wich only gives about 4 1/2" cut at 90deg roughly) the finished product has a useable space of 19 7/8"L X 8" H which comes out to 9 rows of 23 holes and 8 rows of 24 for a total of (if completly drilled) 399. I left out the center section which leaves me with 323 give or take a hole to fill. now the only problem is it looks half empty!

The third photo is my work bench to give a better scale of the rack.

post-36258-0-30979100-1376307263_thumb.j

post-36258-0-92019100-1376307276_thumb.j

post-36258-0-53999200-1376307447_thumb.j

Edited by prc77ro

Looks great. I am up to 150 tools so need something just like that. :clapping:

Thanks, took me two days to make. If you can make it on your own its cheaper for one, plus then you can customize it as far as the sizes of the holes and how you want to lay it out. It would have been alot easier if I had access to a band saw, then I could have glued everything together and then cut the angles.

Very nice. I need to get one of those made myself! I have drawn one up, then realized it would work only for the time being, no room for new tools! Back to the drawing board for me! Very well done though!