bucksnort

New Reins

Just finished these this eve. Reins are 8 strand square & romal is 12 strand square. I braided in two brown strands & am pleased with the pattern in the braid. Rein ends are 30-30 shells with a swivel thru the primer hole. Buck post-43386-0-45277100-1376457473_thumb.j

Edited by bucksnort

Nice work, Buck. I like the pattern in the braid too.

Pete

Very cool effect with the dark strands. I like that. Neat kind of a look with the casing swivel ends too.

Nice looking work Buck!! Those ends are pretty cool. If ya dont mind me asking how do ya go about attaching the swivel to the braid.

Thanks, Mike

Thanks guys. Mike, the swivel is a nail dropped thru the primer hole in the shell (drilled out to fit) then heated & bent into a ring for chains to attach to.. If I'm using stainless chains, I make the swivel from stainless steel rod. I use a shell that the rein end will slip into fairly snugly (30-30 works well for 1/4 or 3/8). I use some gorilla glue, slip the rein inside the shell then pin thru the shell & the rein two different places with brass tacks. Makes a really strong connection. Hope that's clear, if not let me know & I'll confuse you some more. Thanks Again for the kind comments. Buck

Buck

Thanks for the explanation. I understood every bit of it. After reading a couple of times. LOL I need to build some reins for the wife and I think I'll use your method. Much appreciated!!

Mike

post-43386-0-46040700-1376544066_thumb.j Mike, By the time I was done I confused myself. Here is a closup pic. Buck

Thanks Buck!!

Mike

Thanks Leatherpownder