rivetandleatherco

Box Stitch/conner Stitch/french Stitch Tippman Boss

Hello all I am one of "those" people that use the boss. i would like to french stich with it, i know the old attchment was not great. Any ideas on how i can make one?

Thanks

Another one of "those" people here, . . . just had to ask what a French stich is.

Always looking to add to my skills, . . . would like to see what they, . . . it, . . . those look like.

Thanks, may God bless,

Dwight

I suppose you talk about the French boxing attachment, and not the double French upholstery seam. I have never tried it, I suppose it would work. As like all other attachments who steals material height, you would need to build it as low as possible. And perhaps make it so it include the feed dog for a needle guide. If you have or know someone with a 3D printer you can make several prototypes and test them on the machine. It will save you allot of trial and error work.

Good luck and keep us informed about the result.

thanks

Tor

post-10237-0-30174000-1376527320_thumb.g

The problem I had was not the design of the attachment. It actually worked OK. The problem was you had one hand running the machine and one hand to support the piece you were sewing and keeping it shoved up in there. That was a two handed job, especially going around a curve.