Is there a "standard" negative degree angle for a simple belt slide cross draw holster? I have a request for one for "somewhere around 30 degrees" ... It should be fairly simple but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get that much angle and still make a "functional" holster... also it's lefty for a 4" 1911... Pictures would help greatly.

I can't help you with a standard, but 30 degrees for a 1911 sounds about right. I did two cross draws about six months ago, one for a Taurus .357 revolver and the other for a Glock 19. The Taurus drew nice and concealed better at 45 degrees (well, for as much as you can conceal that thing). The Glock was uncomfortable to grip and draw at 45 degrees, but was very nice at 30 degrees. Both holsters sit at approximately the same location when on the belt. No complaints from either customer.

Sorry, here are pictures...

post-28681-0-75083100-1376588336_thumb.j

post-28681-0-62114600-1376588343_thumb.j

Matt,

Great looking holsters! I have a customer that wants something very similar to your first pic... for his 2" revolver. Do you have pics of the back of that holster? It's not a design I'm that familiar with... trying to wrap my tiny brain around it ;)

Matt,

Great looking holsters! I have a customer that wants something very similar to your first pic... for his 2" revolver. Do you have pics of the back of that holster? It's not a design I'm that familiar with... trying to wrap my tiny brain around it ;)

Sixer...here's the original post from when I built the holster for the revolver. Hopefully the description and picture (both near the bottom of the post) help.

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=45402&hl=%2Bcross+%2Bdraw

Sixer...here's the original post from when I built the holster for the revolver. Hopefully the description and picture (both near the bottom of the post) help.

http://leatherworker...hl=+cross +draw

Bingo! Thank you, sir... That is very helpful. Hopefully I can turn out something close to a functional holster ;) Again, great work and I appreciate the help!!

I made this for a customer who wanted a cross draw so he could wear it when on his tractor. It's a S/W shield with a laser sight.

post-14054-0-26643100-1376691496_thumb.j

post-14054-0-78376100-1376691511_thumb.j

That's really nice longtooth... Thanks for sharing... I guess I may be over thinking the whole cross draw thing...