charlescrawford

Could Use Some Direction

I have recently started doing pistol holsters mainly sheridan tooled style. I live out in Colorado. At the moment I have a 1911 dummy that I use for forming purposes. I need some suggestions on what some of you guys think the most popular hand guns are here in the southwest are. I would like to pick up 1 or two more dummy guns for molding and could really use the input as to what models to look into. I support gun rights but my wife and I are not gun owners currently because our oldest who is 16 is bipolar and we feel that a bipolar teen and guns in the house aren't the best of combinations but once she leaves for college that may change. What do you guys suggest that are gun owners?

Although I would never have one in my personal stable, . . . Glock 19 and Glock 21 are both fairly popular in Central Ohio.

May God bless,

Dwight

The Glocks Mentioned above and Smith and Wesson M&P 9/40 and 9C/40C The 9 and the 40 are the same size as are the C models. C= Compact. The M&P 9/40 Shield.

Those are the majority of my sales and I live in the Denver area.

Thanks for the ideas. I am finding out that the metal airsoft guns are exact copies of the real guns they are made after and are cheaper then blue guns etc. mlapaglia I am out in Grand Junction so I am curious what glock models do you sell the most out there?

The Glock 19/23/32 (all the same frame) is the most in Glocks. Followed by the 17/22/31. An occasional 34 or 30.

The S&W M&P 9/40 and the 9C/40C are more popular than the Glocks. M&P Shield then the Large frame Sigs followed by the P938 sig, Ruger LC9 etc.

It's all depends on what the customer wants. Some of the Airsofts are exact duplicates and other are just close. Make sure its a Licensed copy and you are fine. The M&P's are licensed copies. The Glocks are not and do not fit as well.

Let me know if I can help some way.

Michael

Michael thanks for the info that's really great info to know. For the time being I am hand sewing my holsters. What type of thread do you usually use? At the present I have been using either black or brown waxed waxed thread and burning the ends after I tie it off.

I use waxed Irish linen for hand sewing and Bonded poly or nylon for my Boss sewing machine. The linen works great for hand sewing. 3-7 cord linen depending on the thickness of the leather.

Michael

Edited by mlapaglia

theres an awesome maker in Co...Chris Slickbald Andre...look him up...lemme know if ya canot find him

JWalker I found him. His website is http://www.slickbaldcustoms.com he sells blue guns and patterns and all kinds of stuff great site thanks for the tip!