On 22/08/2013 at 2:25 AM, nautical172000 said:

Hello all leatherworkers, I was recently asked by a fellow member id I had a pattern for a backpack I made. So after putting it together for him I thought I should also share with the community. It's not a full size pattern, it is drawn on 1/4 inch grid paper so it will have to scaled up. I also added my construction process/instructions with the pattern. I hope it makes since. Let me know what you think. Here is a picture of the backpack I made. The link is:

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

back

front

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B880XxS2yBYDTnBQc3hIUEtiNms/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for the share. I believe I've a backpack project somewhere in my future... Daughter needs a new laptop bag, and I think this should be relatively easy to adapt.

I'm late on discovering this, but it looks awesome and thanks for the plans. Its been a few years, how is it holding up? Any recent pictures and things you would do differently?

Thanks for sharing.  I'm looking to make a backpack and this will likely be the way I do it.

I do have  a couple of questions. 

The pockets.  So they are stitched to the body of the pack on 3 sides?  You have a pocket behind the actual flapped pocket?

The lining.  I've never lined anything.  Do you just glue them together and treat them like a single piece of leather?

Thanks again.

You can just glue them together, but remember to make a hem. It looks more professional, and keeps your edges from fraying. 

Oh. Sorry, this is if you are using fabric for the liner.

Edited by ScoobyNewbie

Ditto: How is the bottom constructed?