JDM

Reloading Press To Set Snaps?

Just wondering if anyone makes a "die" and "shellholder" that can be used in a single stage reloading press to set snaps. I reload, and I have a press attached to the same bench I use to work on leather. Surely I'm not the first person who has thought of this. If nothing is commercially available I'll try to rig something up.

I've thought about that too, after looking at the single stage press mounted to my loading bench. I'm pretty certain nobody makes a "die and shellholder" for this purpose, but I figured a machine shop or a welder could make something up pretty easily. I never did anything about it, as I've been using the drill press as an arbor press for that purpose. I bet the reloading press would be a bit easier to use though.

Paul

Might be worth somebody getting a cheap Lee press and messing around. You could modify it for the other press dies, or possibly even just a setter and anvil. The later would only put it in the $70 range if everything was bought new.

Chuck