benlilly1

Wedding Gift I'm Working On

Raised letter with raised corners and carved design. It's in a shadowbox type frame so you'll see dimension. Now it's dye time...what to use? Any suggestions? I cringe when I think of colors so it might get earth tones. Just not sure because when it's dyed, it's final!!

post-19391-0-97591800-1377457436_thumb.j

Wow great ! My suggestion is : the big W and the color in black, use block out or super shine in multiple layer on the vine pattern (and on the black) et use a Hi-lite color like briar Brown or fudge on every thing.

Nicely done.

Very nice, what a great wedding gift. I'll leave the dyeing to you. Dyeing that far into a project, scares the bejeezers out of me everytime. The thought of something not going right after all that work. Whew....I always cringe. Good luck, your friends will love it.

Thanks everyone!! Most important to me is that I want it to be recognizable as leather. So I'll probably go light with accent color. I'll post a finished photo.

That is beautiful! It will be a very lovely wedding gift. I agree with not adding colors. The earth tones would look wonderful with it.