gordond

Singer Class 97 Help

Hi Singer Class 97 owners,

I am restoring my 97 and don't have the rear flip-up cover.[have the attachment screw, but that's it]

Withstanding actually ever finding one,I will be making one to suit.

I have the parts manual with diagrams, but it isn't clear how the cover and assembly go/work together.

I need detailed close up photos of the cover and the spring mechanism;- in how it functions in the cover.

Sizing references would be really helpful as well.

If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Hi, the back flip up cover is a great big heavy thing, as you say there is a attaching screw that can be adjusted to make the movement stiff, that way you can raise the cover and it wont fall down on your hand. I've only the one 97 in stock at present and it doesn't have the cover, however I sold one to a friend a while back and if I get out to his place I'll take some photos. Failing that I have another 97 arriving next week, have to wait and see if it has the cover. Regards Steve

Hi Steve

just saw your reply ....funnily enough I was in Brisbane last week when you replied ,..only just got a chance tonight to back review postings on Singer 97's..

yes thanks ....any photos would be great to get the guist of the inside of the flap-cover .

another member here has kindly offered help already with reference to the US Miltary manuals [actually forgot that I already had them]- these are excellent ..but I still require just a bit more visual info to get the fabrication right.

thanks again.