Rayban

Leather Covered Acoustic Guitar

I'm gonna take a beating for this one, ....but I can take it :-)

I know I suck at carving so we don't have to go there, and there are other things I wish hadn't happened, like the sudden urge to dye the rosette, but it was meant to be a learning experience and it sure was.

I'm happy to get thru this first one, and while there are a few things I'll do differently IF there's a next one, I'm still proud to hang this one on the man cave wall.

If you're wondering, there's new strings on it, and while it's very much playable, the leather deadened the sound quite a bit.

post-4803-0-39657100-1377954596_thumb.jp

post-4803-0-31666200-1377954620_thumb.jp

post-4803-0-40457600-1377954636_thumb.jp

Yep..............wrapping an acoustic will deaden the sound a significant amount. But it does look great. My main suggestion would be doing a double loop or mexican round braid around the edges to help hide the cut edges. If you are going to do a loop lace edge like you did on this one I would also suggest burnishing the edges to give it a more finished look.

JMHO

Mike

Yep..............wrapping an acoustic will deaden the sound a significant amount. But it does look great. My main suggestion would be doing a double loop or mexican round braid around the edges to help hide the cut edges. If you are going to do a loop lace edge like you did on this one I would also suggest burnishing the edges to give it a more finished look.

JMHO

Mike

Agreed, I started out doing a double loop and found myself fighting it too much...I should have cut the pieces a smidgin over-sized...one of the lessons learned. The poor guitar took a beating at the binding edges I'm afraid. :-(

Now that I think on it, I guess it's never too late to take that lacing apart and do a mo betta one like that double loop, at least.

I hear we're in for a long cold snowy winter....maybe then.

Very nice.