Yetiusmc

Eleathersupply

I am a big fan of giving credit where it is due, and of sharing my experience when I think I have been screwed. Unfortunately, this review is the latter. In the beginning of July 2013 I ordered some buckles from eleathersupply.com. I got an immediate electronic confirmation of my order, and my card was also charged immediately. I didnt get any more word from them for a couple days, and I was expecting some kind of confirmation or shipping notice. I called them after about three days to ask if my order had shipped only to be told that the items ordered were on back order. I asked if they had planned on telling me, to which the man replied that if he had to notify everyone when a product was on back order, that is all he would have to do all day! I should have taken the hint that the company is not professional at all at this point and cancelled my order, but I also like to give people the benefit of the doubt, so I told him I still want the buckles and asked when will they ship. He said 1-2 weeks. It is now September 12. I sent an email last week asking about my still outstanding order and if he could just cancel the order and return the funds through my credit card...No response. I called the number on the website...mailbox is full. Saving grace is that I did not make a large order, only about $30.00 worth, but the fact remains that my money is gone, and I have no buckles to show for it. This is no way to conduct business on so many levels. My advice is this, take your business elsewhere!

Well that sucks. You know you can just call your credit card company/bank and have them cancel the transaction right? Just have to tell them the company never shipped and stopped responding.

That said I would probably email the company 1 more time, and give them a few more days to refund on their own, stating that if they don't you'll dispute the charge. Credit card companies side with the consumer 100% of the time pretty much.

Hey Yeti,

After going to the website I wonder why you didn't get the impression this was a flimsy outfit to begin with.

I did a bit of research and found out this is nothing more that a guy with a computer and selling Tandy items bought straight from the Austin TX Tandy store.

Minimal stock and once a few items are bought online, a trip is made into town to get the stock, package it and out the door. Uses Tandy's photos and stock numbers. Lists the items at Tandy's Non-member price. Not faulting the guy for doing it, deserves to get paid for his time ans effort but...

Heck if you want that, shoot me a pm and I'll do the same thing for you.

I had the same experience with them. Placed and Order with them because I couldn't find 3" brass rings anywhere else. Got my confirmation right a way, nothing for 2 weeks after that till I filed a dispute with paypal. Then when I got the rings they were all corroded and tarnished so I couldn't use them any ways. Lesson learned and they are black listed for me.

Same here. Filing a grievance with the BBB in his town. Already contacted my bank and have placed reviews around various sites. Total rip off artist. Claimed orders were behind because the company moved. Never hear again from him and his VM box is full and no one answers the phones or email.Been a month.

My buckles and rivets came but it took them a lot longer to get to me than I imagined. 6 weeks

I place an order with eLeatherSupply on September 16, 2013, emailed them on Oct 11th with no response since I didn't receive a shipment and then I called them every week since. Since October 11th, I've normally got somebody on the phone at eLeatherSupply and he always said my shipment would be sent out the next day. I called this pass week and didn't get a response, so I knew something was up.

I contacted my credit card company yesterday, December 12th and I've already got my money refunded. I'm obviously not ordering from eLeatherSupply again.

James

I placed an order two week ago and haven't heard a word since....I'll be calling my credit card co to stop payment after reading these reviews.

Thanks!