Hi, everybody! Long-time listener, first-time caller here. And I could really use some help! I mostly sew bags and small accessories with new leather (and I really don't do any dying except for edges, etc.), so I'm pretty far out of my league on this one.

I have a dog with major anxiety, and so I procrastinate cutting his nails for way too long. As a result, he has done some major damage to about 1/3 of a big, hunter green leather sectional couch. What would you all recommend I do to try to revitalize the couch? It has scratches all over it (as you probably guessed), so the scratched parts appear dry, kind of flaky (but not with actual flakes I guess), and lighter in color than the rest. Should I try to apply a light coat of hunter green dye on it? Some kind of finisher? Also, should I do whatever you recommend to the whole couch or just the sections that are damaged?

I would be so grateful for any help!

THANKS!

Elizabeth

Can you post a picture of the damage? There are a lot of folks here that might be able to help if they can see exactly what the problem is. Thanks and good luck!

Oh, yeah - that's a great idea. This is a close-up of one of the corners, which I think is a pretty good representation of the whole problem.post-38523-0-45364400-1379957021_thumb.j

Thanks!

Elizabeth