Jeff L

A Couple Realizations About Holster Making.

First... Hermann Oak Leather ROCKS! :thumbsup: ... Springfield Leather has the BEST customer service of any company that I have ever dealt with :spoton: ... And USMC Black Dye is the devil!!! :mad: ... Pro Oil Dye only from now on... :cowboy:

Hermann Oak is great stuff. If you want a real "revelation," try their drum-dyed black leather.

You also might try the Angelus products, you might like them better.

Hermann Oak is great stuff. If you want a real "revelation," try their drum-dyed black leather.

I use Angelus Black from Springfield. It's great stuff.....never had any ruboff, streaking, or spotting!

Thanks for the replies... I will try all of your suggestions as time and money permits. I love this leather stuff! :thumbsup:

Any suggestions for a Medium Brown? The HO Brown Springfield has is good quality wise, but a bit darker than I am looking for.

Where are you getting your drum dyed HO? What cut, shoulder, back? I've gotten sample of some drum dyed( not HO) back but the flesh side was treated with something and the contact cement wouldn't stick. Drum dyed black struck through would be a real timesaver.

Thanks

Jeremy

I get mine from Weaver leather. The product is sold in sides.

Here it is on their retail site....

http://www.weaverleathersupply.com/Catalog/CatalogListing.aspx?CatalogId=001&CatalogDetailId=79&NSM=Y

They have a different pricing strategy for their wholesale customers.

tk

Where are you getting your drum dyed HO? What cut, shoulder, back? I've gotten sample of some drum dyed( not HO) back but the flesh side was treated with something and the contact cement wouldn't stick. Drum dyed black struck through would be a real timesaver.

Thanks

Jeremy

I hate to recommend anything from Tandy but there is one exception I have found. The new Pro Waterstain is incredible stuff. It is actually made by a company in Italy called Fenice, they specialize in leather dyes and other leather finishing products. The black dye is the best stuff I have ever used, I tried Angelus, Fiebings oil and alcohol based but none compare to the Pro Waterstain. The only colors that aren't true to their name are the red and blue, they are not what I would call a true red or blue. I have used several other colors and they are all great. Don't pay the regular price though, wait for a sale even if you are getting Elite pricing. The finishes they have are also top notch, made by Fenice as well. I don't know how Tandy stays in business with the ridiculous prices they have.