Sign in to follow this  
singteck

DIY stamps

My maker's mark was made a long time ago. Did it myself so it's very special to me.

274713231_dab4fc1388.jpg274713230_43601c8187.jpg

Now a customer wanted a snake logo on his pouch to I went and make that one too.

2869520061_7825019727.jpg

This one is more complicated. I first cut the snake out from a piece of 1/8" mild steel and then blazed that to another piece of 1/8" steel plate. Just need a handle now.

singteck

Ok, nice... but how did you get into the tight spots....?

I want to redo my own and cant figure out how to do the tight points....

Thank you.

How to get into the tight spot? A steady hand, small drill bits and a dramel with a cutting disc.

singteck

k... you see my avatar? I want a stamp like that, with all the white cut away, and the black remaining. I have one I did with a dremil and a cutting disc and cut away the black leaving the white.... I cant figure how to cut away the sharp angles of the white parts. BTW, I cut the black out of a stock 1/2 inch piece of stainless.

I would never work with stainless steel as a stamp material. They are a real pain!!

For that sign, I would suggest you built it up rather then grind it away. Use a steel rod cut to length and weld/blaze to a base and then file and scrape the joints.

singteck

k... you see my avatar? I want a stamp like that, with all the white cut away, and the black remaining. I have one I did with a dremil and a cutting disc and cut away the black leaving the white.... I cant figure how to cut away the sharp angles of the white parts. BTW, I cut the black out of a stock 1/2 inch piece of stainless.

Is there a story behind your avatar? is it a viking rune?