Greetings and Salutations,

Just finished up my latest holster. Had a fella give me a javelina hide as payment for a pouch and decided to try making a holster with it.

Strong side carry for Colt 1911 .45 ACP. Exterior of the holster is javelina hide with 4 oz cowhide interior lining. 4 oz cowhide tooled edge piece with hand tooled 3-7-77 (for all you Montana Vigilante fans) with basketweave background. Quick release thumb snap fully lined on back so nothing but leather touches the pistol when holstered. The holster is "crushable", the javelina gives it a nice soft feel and the cowhide interior gives it enough structure so that it bounces back to where it needs to be. Seams are all hand stitched and belt loop is javelina with 6oz cowhide reinforcement.

Critiques welcomed. Thanks for looking.

post-43959-0-77410300-1380482662_thumb.jpost-43959-0-60199900-1380482678_thumb.jpost-43959-0-28296200-1380482689_thumb.jpost-43959-0-92857700-1380482702_thumb.jpost-43959-0-60147500-1380482715_thumb.j

Edited by RoseWolf

Difficult to critique perfection. Superb piece and happy that you made it available for all to see.

God Bless.

Ray

THIS IS MY THIRD ATTEMPT TO GET THIS POSTED.

Thanks Ray :cowboy:

Had to look up what a javelina is.

What is the purpose of the excess tooled leather loop added to the holster? It does not seem to add any function but would interfere and catch as you wore it.

As to critique, your basket weave stamping seems to be very shallow and wandering. Also, you have the basket weave coming in from two directions, looks like you stopped and restarted at the wrong angle on the other side of the numbers.

Had to look up what a javelina is.

What is the purpose of the excess tooled leather loop added to the holster? It does not seem to add any function but would interfere and catch as you wore it.

As to critique, your basket weave stamping seems to be very shallow and wandering. Also, you have the basket weave coming in from two directions, looks like you stopped and restarted at the wrong angle on the other side of the numbers.

Greetings Electrathon,

The tooled leather edge piece is primarily decorative. As for it catching the belt loop is set slightly forward of my regular designs so it pops the seam edge of the holster out slightly from the leg and the loop is stitched to the holster along the edge so there is no edge to catch on. On the basket weave, I agree it could be deeper, the switched up look is my own style on the basketweave, it doesn't show up as clear on this piece as it is a smaller piece, however, I've done the alternating direction on other holsters and sheaths and most folks like the fresh approach to a classic style. On the wandering of the weave, there is some around the numbers as I had some difficulty keeping the pattern going without stamping out the numbers themselves.

Thanks for the critique. :cowboy: