Itch

Fortuna Band Splitter

I have had a Fortuna for many years. One of the key things that keeps the blade from sliding forward on the drive wheels is to keep the felt pads on the blade wipers clean.

If they get filled with oil and steel dust then the blade will slip on the drive wheels and move forward into the steel bolts that keep it in the machine.

Another adjustment on the left wheel controls the angle of the wheel and therefore the force of the blade where it rides on the rear guides. The blade guides can get really hot from the friction and will quickly cause your blade to crack.

You need to adjust the angle so the blade doesn't move forward but not so much that you have pressure on the back guides.

We've recently pickup up a Fortuna splitter but, unfortunately, it did not come with a manual. I'm just wondering if anyone with a digital copy would be kind enough to share, or if you could point me in the right direction for any available online?

Please and thankyou.

Fortuna 2.jpg

Fortuna 1.jpg

5 hours ago, Colonial said:

We've recently pickup up a Fortuna splitter but, unfortunately, it did not come with a manual. I'm just wondering if anyone with a digital copy would be kind enough to share, or if you could point me in the right direction for any available online?

Please and thankyou.

Fortuna 2.jpg

Fortuna 1.jpg

If you send me an email to Larryxd@gmail.com I will attempt to send you a manual and parts list in a PDF. format..

Hey @Colonial, good looking vintage machine there. I recently bought a very similar Fortuna. I think mine is a UA model as it has a driven upper feed roll which can be swapped for a fixed feed bar (for very fine work), whereazs the LA model was fixed bar only. Yours looks in better condition than mine, which had some rain damage.

Out of interest, what's that little tray thing on your front table? Mine doesn't have that, just a bit of oak inlet into the formica/plywood table.

12 hours ago, steadybrook said:

Try Simards in Quebec/ Ontario 

Thanks steadybrook.

11 hours ago, Itch said:

If you send me an email to Larryxd@gmail.com I will attempt to send you a manual and parts list in a PDF. format..

Much appreciated itch, I'll shot you through an email today.

8 hours ago, Matt S said:

Hey @Colonial, good looking vintage machine there. I recently bought a very similar Fortuna. I think mine is a UA model as it has a driven upper feed roll which can be swapped for a fixed feed bar (for very fine work), whereazs the LA model was fixed bar only. Yours looks in better condition than mine, which had some rain damage.

Out of interest, what's that little tray thing on your front table? Mine doesn't have that, just a bit of oak inlet into the formica/plywood table.

G'Day Matt, yes it seems to be in pretty good nic. The front table has a small feed in roller conveyor (non-driven).

3 hours ago, Colonial said:

GDay Matt, yes it seems to be in pretty good nic. The front table has a small feed in roller conveyor (non-driven).

Ah sweet, I bet that'd be handy for long pieces. Best of luck with the machine