tanda4

Impressed And Surprised With Leather Suppliers...

I’m new to leatherwork and have been researching, learning, and practicing for approximately 3-4 weeks. I’m very impressed with most everything. I frequent many forums relating to photography, cars, home theater, etc. and Leatherworker.net has the most friendly and helpful members out of any forum I have been a part of.

I wanted to share my experiences with purchasing from the several vendors. This is just my two-cents regarding my experiences so far.

Springfield Leather – Placed a few orders with Springfield for tools, supplies, and leather. Orders have been shipped the same day and email correspondence was always quick. I requested a return and was promptly issued a return authorization. I will shop with Springfield again.

Tandy Leather Factory – The only company I haven’t been completely satisfied with. The tools are extremely cheap in quality, but have the prices that match. The store I have been to has so-so employees that are not readily willing to answer questions. I will shop here again, but it will not be my first or second choice.

Bruce Johnson – Bruce is willing and has answered any questions I had. He is extremely prompt in email correspondence and shipping was quick. I will be ordering from him again soon.

The Thread Exchange – Today I placed my first order for hand sewing waxed thread and the order was ready for shipment in a few hours. I sent an email requesting samples of several colors and I quickly received an email saying “I would be happy sending out samples”. I haven’t received my order yet, but I’m sure I will be satisfied.

Abbey England – Yesterday I placed an order for 2 rolls of Tiger Thread. I haven’t received the products yet, but even though the time difference email correspondence was extremely quick and the product was shipped the same/next day.

Maverick Leather – From the recommendation of Bruce Johnson through searching on Leatherworkers.net, I placed an order with Maverick Leather for 2 sides of Horween leather. I talked with Erin and she took time to explain the different types of leather available and helped me choose what would be best for me. The leather was shipped the very same day and arrived within one week. I will be ordering more within the next few days.

Ohio Travel Bag – I have not purchased yet, but plan on it. Email correspondence was quick and prices seem pretty good. Hopefully website ordering will be updated, but not really an issue.

Jeremiah Watt – I placed an order for several tools and they shipped out quickly. The tools are beautiful and arrived sharp and ready to use. I plan on buying more from Jeremiah Watt. The only problem is the website that desperately needs updating.

Booth & Company – I have not yet placed an order, but plan on purchasing a Dixon Pricking Iron and a few other tools soon. Email correspondence with Ken Chapman was very quick and answered all of my questions.

I agree 100% with you. This is one of the BEST and most friendliest forums ever!

Add MPS to you list to check out. They have hardware and color thread in different weights. Contact Patrick for a thread chart. It has plenty of shades and weights available.

www.mpshardware.com

Thanks for posting tanda4. I agree with your observations about the people that I have bought from, and I'll be checking out a couple of the others.

Pacific Trimming - Low quality hardware, but good for buying Riri zippers in specific lengths.