finelineleather

Creating Your Own Clicker Press Dies

My searches into this came up to naught.

My father has been looking to helping me speed up the production process. To that end, he's looking to start clicking out my pieces instead of cutting, and he wants to actually create the dies in house in order to keep costs down.

He's an engineer and wants the sort of specifications on dies that I really don't have. Right now, I really don't know what would make a good die versus a bad one. I really also haven't the slightest clue where to get supplies to create them, or what even to search for to price it out!

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I see that stuff come up on Ebay all the time..

Texas Custom Dies in Mansfield, Texas has made all of my dies for years now. Heather is great to work with and quick turnarounds. Good luck

I know this is older, but this popped up while I was looking for clicker press topics.

Dealt with Texas Custom Dies for the first time a couple weeks ago and YES, Heather is incredible. Everyone I dealt with on the phone was extremely nice and they turned out my die crazy fast because of the pinch I was in. I can't say enough good things about them.