I have been asked to do some left side holsters. To date all of my holsters have been right side or for right handed shooters. Some of my patterns it's gonna be easy just a matter of flipping the pattern over. Others not so much. One of the ones up in the air in the avenger style. With those patterns can you just flip those for lefties? Trying to figure out the best way to handle avenger and pancake paddle holsters for lefties. Thanks

I can do mine left or right. I do like you and just flip the pattern over. Even avenger style. Shoot me an email at haysholsters@hotmail.com and I can try and answer your questions in more detail.

I'm in Colorado Springs.

I've found that avenger patterns are a bit more work then just flipping. But not bad. It could just be how I go about doing things too.

Now I do have several left hand holster backs that I need to make into left hand holsters. But that's because I don't read my pattern before I cut.

I draw a center line down a sheet of paper then place blue gun or UNLOADED gun, barrel facing me, sight down, handle up, along the line. Then I move gun to left side of line and trace for a right hand holster, or right side of line for lefty. That is for avenger style. I don't do often. Pancakes , IWBs just a matter of flipping pattern over when tracing onto leather. The rarity I get lefties I usually have more than one mistake floating around to use. :whistle:

Lefty Avengers, pancakes and belt loop holsters I just flip the pattern.

I always mark left and right on the pattern after making. Both the main body and the throat.

Other than machine stitching going the opposite direction there should be no difference in the finished holster other than one is left and one is right.

Others will do it differently but so far it has never failed me.

From the old grump: I do (and have done for years) just as George B indicates. One suggestion though, since most patterns can be used for either a left or right hander, mark which side is up for a lefty. I have a good friend that is left handed, (as am I) and over the years he has received two 'freebies' for handguns I don't have. It's easier than you may think to move right along, fat, dumb, and happy only to realize too damned late that that real nice left handed holster is supposed to be right handed, and vice - versa. Mike

Thanks for the input and suggestions guys. I am still fairly new to this and learning as I go. Going to try to flip it over and see how it goes.

Those of you who use blue guns I thought I was being so smart today......lol I got my pencils for my site channels and thought hey I can use Gorilla tape that stuff is like super glue. So I got some of the clear marine gorilla tape because it's waterproof and thinner. Epic fail... works great until it meets the slightest friction then it doesn't hold and takes the top layer of blue off. Is there another way I should handle this on a more permanent manner? Really don't want to have to retape each molding.

Use Gorilla duct tape. However you should first remove that blue top coat from your blue gun. If you don't you are going to leave blue on your holster.

Use Gorilla duct tape. However you should first remove that blue top coat from your blue gun. If you don't you are going to leave blue on your holster.

Camano Ridge - what is the best way to remove the blue top coat from the blue guns?

Put on some gloves get out some denatured alcahol a course cloth and or a tooth brush and scrub away. Next time you order Blue guns order from Bluegun store, Rob gets all his without the blue finish coat. Or call Rings direct and order from them asking them to leave off the final coat, tell them it is for molding holsters.

Is mineral spirits the same thing or something totally different? I got some mineral spirits today for cleaning brushes after using contact cement. If not I can pick some up tomorrow Thanks!

Is mineral spirits the same thing or something totally different? I got some mineral spirits today for cleaning brushes after using contact cement. If not I can pick some up tomorrow Thanks!

White spirit (UK)or mineral spirits (US), also known as mineral turpentine, turpentine substitute, petroleum spirits, solvent naphtha (petroleum) or Stoddard solvent is a petroleum-derived clear, transparent liquid which is a common organic solvent used in painting and decorating.

It is not the same as denatured alcohol.

OK cool Thanks good thing I have a home depot less then a minute away from the house...lol