rf744

Hi From Guam

Hi Everybody. I am from Guam and the Philippines. I am new to leather and rawhide craft. I am interested in making a reata and repairing /making saddles. Signed up not too long ago and have found some great info here on my interests. Have been in touch with another member, Chaed, who has been very helpful. Look forward to learning a lot from you all.

Randy

Randy,

Welcome to the forum. You will find very friendly folks who don't mind sharing their knowledge which is priceless. I have been researching and learning about old needle and awl machines for a little while now so if you have any questions regarding these machines let me know I might be able to help you. Singermania (Steve) knows all about old machinery like needle and awl machines, Singers of course and many other machines, Tor and Wiz are the go to guys for info on leather machines they are very helpful. For tooling I see hidepounder produces excellent work so if you have any questions regarding tooling he's your best bet. I n general everyone is willing to share their tricks and tips which is very helpful to new members like myself that are learning the trade, use the search tool it is very helpful and post when you can't find an answer to what you are looking for. Have fun!

Ralph

Thanks Ralph! I feel better already.

Randy

Welcome Randy!

Hi Bruce. Thanks. Good to be here. Saw your post about the Proleptic tool sale and your haul - 50 lbs or was it 50lbs x 2? That's a lot of tools!

Ralph,

I read your story in your introductory post. Glad you made it. Any luck with the saddle making school you wanted to attend? And have you made any yet?

Randy

Randy,

No luck with saddle making school yet, I have done plenty of holsters and belt but no saddles yet. Yeah I went through a lot when I got shot I am much better now, I picked up leather working to ease my mind of the stress that situation made. Well if you need any help PM me. Good luck!

Ralph