ImNelly

Horse Harness Winker Molds I Would Like To Find

Hi, as I am just starting out, I would like to know if any one out there has any harness winker molds for sale? Any information on them would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.....

Hi All, I'd also be interested in seeing a set of winker molds, someone must have some information on them or even how to make them.

Also known as 'blinkers' and 'can't see backs' and 'blinders'..... er and maybe something else too

Regards Steve

post-19343-0-18543500-1381992800_thumb.jpost-19343-0-42612200-1381992847_thumb.jpost-19343-0-86931400-1381992877_thumb.j

Abbey Saddlery in the UK have winker plates that can be used as a base for molding the leather. They are available in a range of shapes and sizes. http://www.abbeyengl...GB/Default.aspx

Thank you kindly for your information Celticleather........ I am sorry, I didn't explain myself very clearly, but I am actually looking for a die that presses the actual winker plate its self, as I would like to quicken up the process of press my own plates. I am currently using a calved hard wood block that my husband made for me and a ball peen hammer, but I find it very time consuming and yes, I am aware that you can buy them from several saddlery hardware outlets.

For the heavier draft horse winkers that don't have a steel plate in them, I am also looking for the blind molds with a male and female part. I have attached a picture that I found in a very old catalog.

Thank you for your time to reply to my message.

Kind regards, Nell

post-45407-0-22187100-1382060669_thumb.j

Hi All, I'd also be interested in seeing a set of winker molds, someone must have some information on them or even how to make them.

Also known as 'blinkers' and 'can't see backs' and 'blinders'..... er and maybe something else too

Regards Steve

post-19343-0-18543500-1381992800_thumb.jpost-19343-0-42612200-1381992847_thumb.jpost-19343-0-86931400-1381992877_thumb.j

Thank you for your interest and input Steve, I see your first picture is a set of "Dolly Varden winkers", also known as "Kant see back Blinds" I am very interested in learning how to make them, but as yet, I don't have a pattern for them, as they are very different to make compared to your molded winkers with steel plates in them , as in your other two photos..... I would be very interested in learning more about these molds and winkers if you have more luck than me in your research....

Thank you for your time to reply.....

Kind regards, Nell

HI Nell, I'll leave the research to you, I'm lucky if I can tie a shoe lace. regards Steve

That is quite OK Steve, If I'm lucky enough to find out any more information....... Thank you for your interest....

Kind regards, Nell.

Thank you for your reply awharness...... I was actually looking for the die its self (I have a picture in a previous post).... But thank you for your time to reply to my post....

I have the dies, what size? I have some square draft, and some larger horse, ones, some are dealer than others

Hi awharness,

I am sorry, I misunderstood you..... Would it be possible to send me some photos of what you have available???? and also an idea of the prices you are asking???? My preferred shape is the HATCHET WINKER SHAPED PLATES, but I would consider any shape.

Thank you for your reply and I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards, Nell

Thank you auharness, I am looking forward to your pics..... Could you also inform me of the price you are asking please???

Thank you, and looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards, Nell.

Edited by ImNelly

Hi, I happen to have a blind mold that I'm about to put on ebay (unless I get an offer I can't refuse :))

Here are a few photos. I hope they show up. Not too certain about editing this.

Hi, I happen to have a blind mold that I'm about to put on ebay (unless I get an offer I can't refuse :))

Here are a few photos. I hope they show up. Not too certain about editing this.

Hi twofeetdown, thank you so much for your reply...... Yes, your winker moulds are exactly what I have been looking for.

Could you please advise me of a price that you would like for them, and as I live in Queensland, Australia, could you also advise me on a price for postage.

Thank you again for taking the time to reply to my post... I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards, Nell.

Just in case anyone else is in the zone, Abbey run their own small foundry, so could likely cast anything not normally available.

I have a ton of gun patterns.....the maker did police officer cuffs / guns / clips / gun holsters of all kinds....interested?