Beckywynn

Very First Project (Chinks)

Hi to all! I have been reading on this site for weeks! There is so much information and I'm so glad to have found this site!! There's so much talent and inspiration here... I can only hope to be half as good someday.

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this (as "showing off" per se I'm definitely not... But I'm too scared to put it under the "critique my work" section! ;) )I already know a ton of things that are wrong/or I can do better! Feel free to critique IF you are gentle ;) This was a first for me for many things, carving, stamping, dyes, hi lights, paint.... And sewing with what I think is a possessed sewing machine! I also must thank cow camp saddlery for putting out his instructional videos... I feel I might need to buy the man dinner or drinks for as many late nights "we" had together haha!

This particular pair of chinks was for a friend of mine... She's much smaller than the "model" ahem... Me! Lol...

post-43001-0-56415500-1381870725_thumb.jpost-43001-0-34422100-1381870856_thumb.j

Well Done Beckywynn!!!

Thank you so much for your kind replies!! Wycowgirl... I think the pics make the chinks (and tooling and sewing) look far better than they really are! I won't even tell you how many "do-overs" I had! I also think I need to name my stitch ripper as I used and abused that poor thing! (I kept having to make things bigger to cover previous stitch holes! Haha. But seriously, thanks again! :)

Ya did good, . . . my first pair was much more plain Jane, . . . when it comes to tooling, . . . I'm far more at home with a chain saw or a ratchet set.

Just really don't have the patience for it, . . . so biggest majority of my stuff is bland.

Keep up the good work.

May God bless,

Dwight

Awesome job! Is that real "atmosphere" on them boots?? Don't get any on the carpet lol

Nice work!! I have yet to make a pair from start to finish but only hope I do half as good as you. Your friend should be proud to wear 'em!

Becky....those turned out really well. I don't see anything wrong with them at all. And the model looks pretty nice too....LOL. Seriously, good work.

Wow!!! Thanks so much to ALL for your support!! Dwight: you may be on to something, I may get better results with my carving with a ratchet or chainsaw! Sometimes I feel like it turns out looking like that's what I used anyway!

Kytim: yup, that is real atmosphere on the boots! Haha. I guess I'm just classy that way, poopy boots on white carpet hahaha. Sheesh... I had to go look at the pics to see if indeed the boots were dirty hahaha (where in KY are you from? I lived in Lexington for quite a long time!)

Thanks to all, seriously! It makes me want to keep trying! I did have a question that perhaps one of the more experience people here can help me with... When all was said and done, there seemed to be "excess" leather between the placards and fringe..: would that have been a placard placement error? Measuring for the fringe error? I was going to email Mark at cow camp and see what he thought, perhaps...

Again! Thanks for taking the time to look!

Becky

Edited by Beckywynn

Very nice!

I always wondered why they did not call spurs "chinks" due the sound they make in movies :)..............

for a first project, you definately had more guts then I did. I started small with key fobs and lighter cases and the biggest I've done was the slouch bag which other then the handle, was just cutting and sewing. They look great.