does anyone else have a problem with tandy's superior lace. I bought three rolls of natural and it is just dodo. it is all cracked and I cant even lace with it because of all the breaks. I also bought three rolls of black 3/16 and it is noticeably thicker andi have no problems with the black. would I be wrong to try and take it back for different lace? also wanted to ask if anyone has used the superior lace from springfield and is it of better quality? thanks

I've heard that problem a lot. I've never used it myself, mostly because of all the reports I hear on it.

I use Kangaroo for everything, but I do have a couple rolls of calf from Springfield that seem pretty strong too. Just haven't used them yet.

It is very poor quality. Tandy sells junk but they will stand behind it. So yes, take it back if you re not happy.

Kangaroo from Y Knot Lace. You will be happy.

Aaron

When you see Tandy superior lace, back away slowly and then run as fast as you can. It is just as you described, "do do". I use either Kangaroo (infrequently on high end stuff), or calf lace as Cyberthrasher said. One step I do to make which ever of these you choose is treat each piece of lace with leather balm and stay with lengths of 45" or less if at all possible, that will make the lace "lay" nicer and prevents fraying from pulling extra long lengths of lace through the holes or slits as the case may be.

Chief

thanks for the replies. I will return and stay away from tandy lace :no:

I use the Tandy natural calf lace to great effect. Its relatively consistent, and its very strong. Plus, you can dye it any color you want once you're finished. You will be better off if you condition it, and bevel it, but I really like it. Can't beat roo though.

Tandy's kangaroo lace is decent quality. I'm not sure if they are still selling it, I haven't had to buy it for a while. It is normally quite expensive, but if you catch it on sale you can get it for about 75% off.

Tandy's kangaroo lace is decent quality. I'm not sure if they are still selling it, I haven't had to buy it for a while. It is normally quite expensive, but if you catch it on sale you can get it for about 75% off.

It was on sale because they were dumping it. Been gone a long time. And yes, it was very good quality, so they got rid of it.

lol.

How does the stuff from Y Knot compare? Is it expensive?

I also had bad luck with Tandy's "superior" calf lace, mainly dark brown, the last spool was returned this week & I am waiting to hear back from them, I live in the UK & have difficulty in sourcing lace which is why I keep going back to Tandy in the vain hope that the last spool was just a bad one. I don't think we have a supplier for kangaroo lace so will have to import it which makes me think hard if its worth it as sometimes the cost of materials alone can add up to as much or even more than some items can be sold for.