Double U Leather

Floral Briefcase With Dyed Background

Whew.......here's the latest out the door. I'm really pleased with this project. Might be the best thing I've ever turned out. The customer is supposed to pick it up tomorrow. I'm anxious to see how he likes it. As always, there are some things I will do differently the next time around, but it's all a learning process. Take a look and let me know what you think. Thanks for your time, and remain in the blessings.

post-7660-0-71586600-1383839600_thumb.jp

post-7660-0-32209200-1383839637_thumb.jp

post-7660-0-72974300-1383839673_thumb.jp

post-7660-0-91196100-1383839796_thumb.jp

Nice! Is that a hard or soft gusset?

Very very nice!!!!

Chris

BEAUTIFUL WORK !

Great carving pattern. You draw some GREAT Sheridan Patterns !!!

What are the blue flower centers ? Dye, or paint ?

Edited by craftsman827

Thanks for the nice words guys. JLS....the gussets are soft, made of 3 oz. chap leather. Craftsman....the blue flower centers are Angelus paint. I couldn't find any dye that would not make the centers too dark. Thanks again for the compliments, and thanks for looking.

Beautiful!!!! I especially love the top of the bag!

Beautiful work

That is simply amazing! How much time do you think you have in the tooling?

That is simply amazing! How much time do you think you have in the tooling?

I'm interested to know that as well. Great work!

That is exceptional work!

Very nice!

Chuck

Wow! That is a truly stunning case! If the customer isn't happy with it somethings wrong with him! I'm sure he'll be blown away by it. I was just by looking at the pictures!

that sure is sweet

Thanks gang for the nice words. I'm humbled by the feedback. I've been blessed far more than I deserve to be. At any rate, the customer picked it up this evening. He was pretty well stunned!! In fact, he even gave me $50 tip. As for the time, I don't keep real good track of things like that. If I did, I'd start being concerned how much I was making an hour, and then try to rush stuff. But, I'd say roughly 60 hours from start to finish, plus or minus a little. Bottom line....the customer was happy and I felt like he got his money's worth. And, I turned out something I was proud to have my maker's mark on. Stay in the blessings ya'll.

Outstanding!

Update on the customer liking it....he posted a picture of it on his Facebook page, and within just a few hours, he said over 200 people commented on it!! He even sent me a text saying that one of those like wants me to set up a booth at some trade show....LOL. Who knows...might just get a few orders from someone else's Facebook even. Be blessed gang.

That's great! I think you should do it! Congrats!!

Your a little too humble Double U, this work i can only say is exceptional and your client receiving a product like this is worthy of being the beholder !!!! (ps a $50 tip to me means you need to up your price :-) but it also means they are very appreciative! So Good!!

Beautiful!

Wow.......thanks again everyone for your comments. As I said before, I'm truly humbled. Keable......I don't know about being too humble. I do know that I've been give a gift, and considering what a schmuck I've been for a lot of my life, I better not get too cocky thinking that I'm all that and a bag of chips. All I need to do to remain humble is look at some of the masters, and realize I'm still light years away from there. I will agree, that I may have to start charging a bit more or start working faster.....lol. Zoomer....I don't know if you can see the maker's mark or not, but it's in the San Marcos border on the backside of the briefcase. Thanks again gang for your kind words. Stay blessed.

That case is so awesome! I'm working on a purse and would like to do those straight lines. Can someone point me in the direction of how to do that? They don't seem to be from a swivel knife because they lay flat. Stumped...

I'm not sure which straight lines you're talking about, but if it's the black ones around the border, those are done with a beader blade. Hope that helps.

I'm talking about the 45 degree grid lines in image 2.

So after researching that name I realized I had already purchased one as a stitching grover, but never tried it. I tried it out tonight and got the result I was looking for. Thank you for the pointer.