Dano1122

Question On Construction Of Tandy Leather Journal Kit?

Hi

Im new here and to leatherwork as well. I bought my first journal kit from tandy , and little confused on how to attach leather to notepad? Comes with 2 holes punched out top and bottom of cover, am i suppose to push needle thru the notepad spine to attach it?? Thank you

Hi

Im new here and to leatherwork as well. I bought my first journal kit from tandy , and little confused on how to attach leather to notepad? Comes with 2 holes punched out top and bottom of cover, am i suppose to push needle thru the notepad spine to attach it?? Thank you

Most covers have a slot where you slide the notepad back cover into it. Picture or diagram would help for those of us that don't have that kit.

Tom

Heres a pic its the tandy leather journal kit !

The smaller piece is sewn or laced to one of the flaps on the cover, leaving a pocket to slip the memo/journal notebook front or back cover into the pocket.

Tom

I think the holes are used to hold elastic and the covers of the journal are slid through the elastic? And the flap is used to slip the cover of a small notebook in to the side as well?

I dunno, what do you guys think? Tandy's instructions are sometimes a little sketchy...er, no pun intended.