AudacityTactical1

Help...loose Stitch

Hey everyone.... I make holsters and originally subcontracted all the sewing. I now have a Techsew 106 so I can do it myself, but I am having some beginner struggles.

I am stitching together one peice of 9-10oz leather to one peice of suede for a backing. I am doing a single stitch around the edge about an 1/8" in.

The issue is the stitch is loose on the backside around most sharp corners. Is this an issue with my technique or is there an adjustment needed to the machine? Im pretty sure thread is a bonded nylon size 135 if that will help.

If it will help to see the type of stitch check out this page for pictures of my holsters. http://shop.audacitytactical.com/1911-Deep-Cover-Double-Clip-DC1911DC100.htm

Thanks,

I'll have to assume a typical machine lockstitch since your product pics don't show much.

loops on the bottom is typically not enough top tension.

I figured it out by calling techsew. I just had to tighten up the tension knobs, until my bottom stitch tightened up to where I wanted it. Thanks for you reply maybe you can help me with my next question.

Anyone know where to get a good edge guide? My current setup doesnt seem to want to stay put. I would prefer one with a roller, and something with a better mounting option so it doesnt move once tightened down.

I have attached a pic of my current setup. The original bolts stripped the first time I put them in, which is why im using the allen screw, but it still doesnt hold very good. Can I change the round disc that is below the guide. If so it would be nice to be able to get one with bigger threads in it allowing me to use a bigger bolt. Im even thinking of drilling and taping this one to a larger size.

post-46250-0-98563600-1384373376_thumb.j

They make some drop down guides that work pretty well and have a lot of adjustments . I think all of the dealers on here sell them or it should come up on a goggle search , I will see if I have a link .