Reds Leather

Holster Belt Loop Holes

Hi everyone. I've been looking all over for explanations or tools to use but I just can't figure it out. I really need to know how everyone makes their belt holes for an outside the waistband holsters.

I know that some say they make a hole on each end and then punch the sides with a chisel to connect the holes, but are there any one piece punches that can make a perfect oblong hole to string a belt through the holster.

Thanks guys.

If you use a good slot punch, . . . the slots are easy to make,

I got sick and tired of bad looking belt slots, . . . built a punch out of a piece of conduit, . . . sharpened the edge on an electric sander, . . . pounded it down to a 5/16 by almost 1 1/2 inch slot, . . . I've used it for 5 years, . . . looks ugly, . . . but it works.

May God bless,

Dwight

Edited by Dwight

If you don't feel like pounding conduit.... just search for a slot punch. If you want old and awesome... Talk to Bruce Johnson. If you just want something that works... check out Tandy. (but be warned you may need to take a rat-tail file to the thing)

I tried Dwights method and it works great if you do a search he has a little tutorial on making the conduit punch. The problem with buying one is that most are not made for holster belt slots and are usually to slim. You can have a custom made one done by Texas Die company for around $60.00.