roydavis

Summit Leather Splitter 26" $1300 Denver Colorado

We have had this splitter for many years and have never tried to use it - we need the space so we are selling some of the equipment we don't use (also selling some sewing machines)

first $1300 takes it -

IMAG0385.jpg

IMAG0389.jpg

I live on the western slope, could I maybe come by to see it? I am very interested.

you can find our contact information through our website www.davistent.com both machines are at the shop-

just read your member bio - this machine will cost you a couple of things extra ---- - some flyfishing secret spots

Edited by roydavis

We have a few of those secret spots over here I might be able to share. Have you ever run this splitter, is it 110 or 220, is the 26" measured as the width of a piece you could pass through it?

thanks, Tom

we never did try to use this. It is 220. the 26" is the measurement i got across the bed - appears that would be the widest piece you could run through it. We have 220 here at the shop you could certainly bring some leather and try it. If it works it will cost you a few more fishing spots.

I lived in Meeker 45 years ago and the only honey hole I remember was a winter whitefishing hole with no public access but I have been looking for something like this for about that long. I live in Rawlins, Wy now if harrington doesn't work out.

We have some good friends who live near Sleepy Cat - with White River access. Really some good spots along through there for trout and whitefish. I love fishing out of a drift boat in WY. Grey reef and through town really healthy fish.

Back to the splitter, if Harrington doesn't work out could you post pic of the blade. Makes quite a difference how they were maintained. A blade that size is a pretty challenging piece of steel

PS

Yeah that river is pretty well managed as is the upper Platte from the Col border down to Seminoe but I have never fished it. When I lived in Meeker and the next 3 places I lived I had kids at home and we fished a lot but once they left home (they're 40 somethings now) I haven't wet a line since. Go figger

sorry - i have been out of town on vacation - i have not had any offers on the splitter - i will take a picture of the blade and get it posted Monday - or Tuesday (depending on what my desk looks like when i get back into the office)

Here are some pictures of the blade - looks like in needs to be sharpened - but looks like there is plenty of blade to sharpen.

IMGP0754.jpg

IMGP0755.jpg