neverthejetsetter

American Or Japanese Made Clutch Or Servo Motor?

Hello, I am curious if anyone knows of any 110 volt American or Japanese Clutch or Servo Motors? It seems like the only good, available motors I can find are your typical run of the mill clutch motors or the highly suggested Enduro or Reliable (seem the same to me) servo motors.

I am putting together a collection of old machines (Union Special, Singer), and I have to put something under them to power them up, and I wonder if there are any American or Japanese alternatives for running a clutch or more importantly a servo motor?

Edited by neverthejetsetter

Have you looked into Efka motors they are not American or Japanese but they are good quality servo motors. I am looking for a motor as well to power a old needle and awl machine I don't know if I should put a continious motor or a clutch motor. I found a continious motor made by consew but its probably made in China if its an old machine that you are working on you can find those old black motors on eBay.

Sailrite has a very good Servo motor as well its a little expensive but well worth it i think.

I have seen the Efka motors (I actually have an old one that came with a machine). Problem with them is they are usually 220 volt and maybe even 3 phase. And lot's of those black motors are 3450 rpm which is way too fast for me. Could put a reducer, but just not the way to go in my opinion.

Edited by neverthejetsetter

Most of the black motor I have seen are 1725 or somewhere near but again they are hard to find. Check out the Sailrite I myself was researching motor today like I said I need one but I will probably go with the following

Consew KP Series / Model M7D Continuous Running 1725 RPM Motor.

For all button sewing machines, bar tackers, and special purpose equipment.

Features.

All Ball Bearing Construction.

Belt Tension Adjuster.

Belt Guard.

6 Volt, 17 Watt Light Tap.

Rubber Vibration Isolators.

3/4-inch Pulley Shaft.

Pre-Wired Push Button Switches Available.

1725 RPM.

Dual-voltage motor.

110 / 220 Volts, 50 / 60 Hz, Single Phase.

Others voltages and frequencies available by special order.

Related Model.

Model M7: 1/2 HP, 1425 RPM.post-44756-0-95222600-1385017206_thumb.j

I spoke to the gentlemen that advertises these motors online and he said that Consew discontinued these motors a while back. However he still has some leftover he is selling them for 200 plus shipping I think he is taking advantage of the fact that you can't get these motors anywhere else and bumps up the price. I need this motor it fits right for my application and willing to pay the price he has them in other configurations as well half and 1/3 hirsepower. His website is AceSweVac.com and phone number is 1800-992-4739 Good luck! Ralph

The servo from Sailrite is made in the USA it's a very good motor and compact as well 1/3 of a horsepower. You can see it on YouTube they compare it to another servo motor