tashabear

SCA coronet

I made this coronet for a friend's husband, who is a baron in the SCA. His arms have a Cross of Toulouse (Also known as an Occitan cross) on them, and so he chose to pull that out and use just that, in gold on black. I used quilting template plastic to make the template for the curves.

Previously, I've had good results with gold acrylic paint on leather. My usual method had been paint, resist, then dye, but on my test piece it smeared terribly. So I dyed it, then painted over the dye with Liquid Leaf. Then finishing proved problematic, when the Super Shene pooled and made ugly splotches. So I buffed those off and went with Leather Sheen, which is a lovely finish.

Inserting the pearls was entertaining. The headpins I bought bend when you look at them -- you don't even have to look at them funny. So instead of pushing them in, I had to bore a hole with my Dremel, cut the pins to length, and glue them in with Krazy Glue. They look lovely, don't they?

2886290706_994617fd8f_o.jpg

2885454991_fa5579ddee_o.jpg

snazziness!

That's very cool. Good job on it!

Very nice looking. They are interesting to make aren't they!

I made a couple of baronial crowns a few months ago for my wife and I They are interesting. Since I am in Atlantia I used a wave pattern for the points. My wife made some lampwork pearls mounted on veil pins and with our hearaldry on the front they look pretty good. But they will never be my favorite thing to make.

Very nice looking. They are interesting to make aren't they!

I made a couple of baronial crowns a few months ago for my wife and I They are interesting. Since I am in Atlantia I used a wave pattern for the points. My wife made some lampwork pearls mounted on veil pins and with our hearaldry on the front they look pretty good. But they will never be my favorite thing to make.

I had fun with this, and I learned a lot, but I admit I'm looking forward to working on something bigger. Except I'm thinking of making some order medallions... I'm such a glutton for punishment.

That came out really nicely! I'm glad your gluing trouble is over...for now!

That came out really nicely! I'm glad your gluing trouble is over...for now!

Me too! Though I did learn to keep Krazy Glue off of Swarovski pearls. Makes them not-shiny.

Nice work. In my Knigdom Coronets like that are only for royalty though, Barons and Baronesses only have a raised section in the middle of the front.

Nice work. In my Knigdom Coronets like that are only for royalty though, Barons and Baronesses only have a raised section in the middle of the front.

What Kingdom whould that be? (go fill out your profile page... hint... hint) In all the stuff that I have looked at a Baron/ness is entitled to a coronet with 6 pearls... The general populas (that have an Award of Arms) can wear one with one point of no more than an inch high....

I'm from the Middle Kingdom BTW (and a herald) (and nosy and would like to learn stuff from other Kingdoms)

and Tashabear that looks great....

What Kingdom whould that be? (go fill out your profile page... hint... hint) In all the stuff that I have looked at a Baron/ness is entitled to a coronet with 6 pearls... The general populas (that have an Award of Arms) can wear one with one point of no more than an inch high....

I'm from the Middle Kingdom BTW (and a herald) (and nosy and would like to learn stuff from other Kingdoms)

and Tashabear that looks great....

I'm in the Kingdom of Caid. Our AoAs are only allowed a circlet that is if I remember correctly, between 1/4" and 1/2" wide with a smooth top. Our Baron/ness are alowed to have one point in the center with a thicker band, and then on up with Their Highnesses and Their Majesties.

Ok Caid is a bit out of my "let's learn about that" range.

Thanks

That's really pretty. I may make one for the Prince Regent in my LARPing faction. Should get me some kudos.

I'm in the Kingdom of Caid. Our AoAs are only allowed a circlet that is if I remember correctly, between 1/4" and 1/2" wide with a smooth top. Our Baron/ness are alowed to have one point in the center with a thicker band, and then on up with Their Highnesses and Their Majesties.

Caid has no sumptuary laws. Where are these rules codified?