hestes

Help Needed With Cowboy Cb4500

I got my new CB4500 in today. I got most of it figured out, but for some reason, my bobbin thread keeps coming out of the little notch on the bobbin shuttle. Actually, it ends up trying to come out of the shuttle at the very top. Does anyone have any ideas why? I'm coming from a Tippmann Boss, so this thing is a mystery to me. ;)

One other question, do I need to hold the thread tight for the first few stitches like I did with the Boss?

Thanks!

Edited by hestes

The CB4500 is basically the same as the Cobra 4. There are a couple of videos on youtube on the Cobra 4 . Go to the ten minute mark to find out about the bobbin. Once you put the thead in the hole you must pull it under the spring.

And yes, you must hold both treads towards the back for at least 4 stitches when starting a new piece.

Edited by tnawrot2

Thanks for the reply!

Yep. That is how I am threading it. It just doesn't stay there once I start sewing.

Do you have the bobbin in backwards? Just a thought.

I don't think so. That was my first thought too. I watched the video on the http://www.tolindsewmach.com/ website about 4 times, so I think I have it in there right.

Thanks for the suggestion, Geneva.

Try this. Find a very small screwdriver and tighten the tension spring on the shuttle do a 1/4 turn of the screw at a time until you get the proper tension.

Edited by Geneva

deleted

Edited by Red Cent

I think I figured out the issue. I think I was pulling the thread too tight the first few stitches and was pulling it up and out of the spring. It looks like it was user error, just like I thought. ;) Thanks for help! :)