MADcrafter

Is The Highlead Brand Good Quality?

Hello!

I am simply wondering if anyone has used or knows anything about the quality of Highlead machines? I have found very little material on these machines.

Do they need constant repair?

Do they perform as advertised?

Are they as cost effective as other similarly priced machines?

I am currently doing research for my first walking foot machine and have been looking at the GC0618-1SC.

Here is a link to the site I found it on. http://www.sewingmac...gc0618-1-sc.php

Any reviews or information would be greatly appreciated!

I have one i bought second hand and so far it has worked fine. I don't use it alot all i have done is oil it. I think it's the same model as the one your looking at.

If i was going to buy a new machine i think i would get a Consew or Chandler from Bob at Toledo Sewing Machine http://www.tolindsewmach.com/ for the support.

Edited by dirtclod

We bought a brand new Highlead walking foot industrial sewing machine for leather, very heavy duty and fitted with a large bobbin but the clutch kept on jamming until the engineer from the shop came back tried to fix it and eventually got it back for a refund.

I've heard very good reports however about them.

I now, almost exclusively, buy only second hand machines, ones that have worked so are almost guaranteed to keep on working.

( The one we bought was the: Highlead GC20618-1, we sew leathers up to 2-2.4mm thick up to 3 layers, usually skived down to 1.5mm per layer).

Edited by Yanni

HI, its a Chinese clone, as such its a copy of an excellent machine...... Quality is mid range for Chinese, ie better than what they supply to their own people, but not as good as OEM where they make something for say Adler etc. Its economics, expect to pay less than a quality European machine and expect to get less. Will this machine be running nicely in 100 years like a Pearson no 6 or Singer 97-10, probably not.... but if you don't plan on handing it down to your grandchildren it might not matter. Bottom line? its enjoys about the same reputation as the other Chinese machines. Regards Steve

I have the same model Highlead in my arsenal of machines.

I purchased it new 3 years ago with speed reducer and servo motor.

Been a good machine to me and never any problems I use it everyday making moccasins.

As has been said, it is a clone of another better machine.

Good luck, Kenny