hestes

Stitching And Getting Too Close To Edges?

I have kind of a rookie question here. I just bought a Cowboy CB4500. I am playing with it to try to get the feel of it and all that, but I was wondering how you all handle the following kind of situation. I use a stitching groover to mark where I want my stitch lines. However, when I get to where I need to turn a corner on the reinforcement piece, for example, I am sometimes too far away to make the turn without another stitch that will be too close to the edge of the leather. However, if I go ahead and make the turn, then I would be turning into the tooled area, or whatever. How do you all ensure that your stitching ends up where you want it without messing it up? Do you just adjust your pattern to make that happen?

Thanks!

you could lift your presser foot and put the needle down exactly where you want it. one of your stitches will be shorter or longer, but it will work

I don't have a Cowboy but i raise the foot and feather the pedal turn the hand wheel to get a stitch where i want in a case like that. Takes a little practice but you can do it.

Thanks! I was told that just a few minutes ago. I was trying to make it more complicated. :-/

easy, get to within your last stitch and use the stitch length/reverse lever to position the needle for a handwheeled stitch. then turn the work piece, reposition the stitch length lever and sew away to the next corner.

Bro Timothy

I didn't know that. Every day.........:)

Thank you all!