tnawrot2

New Design Wooden Strap Cutter.

Earlier this year i was on someone site and he was talking about a new strap cutter he was designing. A couple of months later I went to the site and it looked that I might be interested in buying one. I believe it had a canted handle, made of wood, had a better way of securing the blade and looked better than anything I have seen. The cost was around $35.00. Now I can't find the website and googled and can't find it. It wasn't a store but someone that was making saddles or horse tack. If anyone can help me locate it I would appreciate it.

If you stumble on to it before anyone posts back, be sure to provide a link. I'm in the market for a strap cutter too and that' pretty reasonable price. Getting tired of using a ruler and a box cutter. Not so bad for short runs but keeping a long one straight is a pain.

Is this it ? It's plastic. I was thinking about getting one to try they want 12.00 postage and that was deal killer for me. http://www.shop.bunkhousetools.com/Safety-Draw-Gauge-DG01.htm

Edited by dirtclod

That's it, i have spent hours on my computer going back to history and bookmarks looking for it.

Thanks

Ouch! I was going to get it postage to B.C. is $40.95... Too rich for my blood.

Hmm, interesting design. Never seen one like this before.

Howdy All.

I purchased one of the strap cutters from Bunkhouse Tools and enjoy using it. Well made of heavy reinforced resin and works as good as any strap cutter I have used.

They make some great items and are always a pleasure to chat with on the phone.

God Bless.

Ray

2nd attempt to get this posted.

That's nice to know, Ray. I have a standard metal draw gauge... used the crazy thing once and put it way after I put a bandage on. lol

Hey Sylvia,

I have an Osborne strap cutter, somewhat of an older model which is nice but find that the one I purchased from Bunkhouse Tools works a bit easier for me. I did sent the Osborne to a plating company and had it chrome plated, including the blade, and I now use it for a display item.

Had one of the wooden Tandy units but misplaced it along the way. Have been told that the wooden "original" sold by Springfield Leather is better so next order I will try that one as well.

Hope the cut wasn't serious. I use extreme caution around sharps as can create havoc around here.

Sincerely hope that you Thanksgiving is a wonderful time and things just keep getting better every day.

God Bless.

Ray

Hi Ray:

I am pretty cautious around my blades with my hands and torso, but this thing got me when I had set it down and went and reached across for something. It wasn't bad but it did bleed a bit... and made me suck wind.

The thing I'm really bad at especially in the summer is working barefoot. I really need to quit that... I kind of like my toes where they are!

I have two of the Tandy strap cutters. One I bought and the other was a gift from a mystery person. One of them recently broke right where the blade goes in. I think if I glue it, it will be fine but then again it is an excuse to explore other options. :D

Unfortunately the budget is blown for a long while after I purchased this.

http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=E1NKD3200KT&sacpn=SASCWNDTS&service=4&site_id=5655611&saproductid=44088

Hey Sylvia,

Looked around on Springfield site yesterday and could no longer find the "original" wooden strap cutter. Found the blades but perhaps they no longer sell the strap cutter. Oh well, just another day.---------

Wow, that is a great looking camera. Puts a dent in the budget but will pay dividends in the future. Probably a bit more than I could handle as I have to use a simple point and shoot device, and have to look at the instructions when I do that. lol.

Now you must take pics of all your projects and put them on the site. Sure you will enjoy learning to use all the features that this one will have.

Some years ago, I had a very large collection of coinage and took a stab at close up photography of the coins. Not my realm and another language spoken here.

Even purchased a great stereo microscope to help but never got around to using it and now just another item for me to sell. Life is grand.

God Bless.

Ray