Beachside Art

Setting Rivets With Jewels Or Stones

Hi, I'd love some help!! I'm trying to set 6mm and 10mm rivets that have some blue rounded stones in them and I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly. When I go to pull them once they're set, they always seem to pop out. I do have to give a small amount of force to get them (but not thaaaat much really!). Is this normal? Or is there a trick to really setting these beautiful rivets in so they're there for "good"? post-47005-0-07416300-1385432882_thumb.j

Also, in addition to that question, I'm wondering if I'm not setting them in big enough holes? They seem to stick out more that sitting as flush as they could to the leather-tips?

Edited by Beachside Art

Firstly, tell us what process you are using. I've been setting those jeweled-faceted rivets in straps some recently. the process i was told was to use a small poundo board and place the jewel upside down and set with your tool on the bottom. It worked for me, so....maybe.

bro timothy

I am setting it on a chopping board - you know those white, hard rubber ones? And setting just as you described. How big is the hole you're allowing them to go through?

Edited by Beachside Art

The small poundo im using is like hard rubber, no holes. just flipped jewel side down on it and set it.

Bro Tim

I used a poundo board as well. I set them with the same force as normal rivets. No damage to the jewels and none have come out. Are you setting them solidly or holding back? The poundo board lets you give them a good whack without damage. I ordered the small one when I ordered the rivets.