Beachside Art

Working With Austin Double Shoulder Leather

Hi, I just bought a hide of austin double shoulder leather from tandy to use for dog collars I'm making. They didn't have thin enough latigo and I was advised to get this. (http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/en-usd/home/department/leather/9052-554.aspx)

I'm worried now that it's too flexible for a dog collar and is going to stretch and also might not be fantastic in weather.

Can anyone please advise? I've looked on the internet and the only place that sells this "austin double shoulder" is tandy....

I was told it would be fine for a dog collar but I too would like to know if it will stretch.. before I buy a side.  

I like the colours better than the burg latigo which bleeds like a stuck pig!

Edited by BJP

Cradom...is it the Austin double shoulder you bought?   Do you know it your belts stretched at all.  There would be a good amount of stress on a belt so much like a dogs collar.   

Would hate to waste my money on that if its going to stretch more so that latigo

thanks BJP

Tandy sells overpriced low quality leather. You can get anything comparable for less elsewhere that will be better quality.

Check out Springfield, Maverick, or Hide House, or Arcadia.

Don't know what an "Austin" shoulder is, probably some brand name. My belts haven't stretched any that I've noticed.

And yeah, I don't buy leather from Tandy anymore. Tools maybe, and hardware, but no leather.