First attempt at a duty style holster for my Nephew.

Goes into the academy in January and figured it would make a nice Christmas gift.

Made for a Glock G23.

9 oz. drum dyed W&C skirting leather.

Extra sight path for the new sights.

post-18937-0-60953300-1386177167_thumb.jpost-18937-0-28248700-1386177140_thumb.j

Edited by George B

Very handsome rig George, nice work!

Nice job George!

That is a very clean and polished looking holster George.

Very nice!

I had to laugh when I saw the picture, . . . I couldn't figure out how he would wear it.

Then I looked again, . . . southpaw.

I've also got a nephew who is a policeman, . . . he's also left handed, . . . made his holster and ranger belt a few years back.

Good job, George, . . . hope he likes it as well as we do.

May God bless,

Dwight

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

Yep, he's lefty. I don't think he will ever use it on duty but right now when he goes into the woods he uses the typical plastic Glock holster and I figured this would be a little more secure.

George

Very nice. I like the clean and rounded lines. It gives the impression that it has been "dehorned" specifically for concealed carry. Beautiful piece.

Very nice! Simple, clean, and smooooooth lookin'. I had the same reaction as Dwight. "How the heck does it attach? Oh, a member of the oppressed dexterity."

Paul

Very nice holster! PLEASE try to convince him that the holster you made him is much safer than the crap that they are pitching with the rotating hoods and push buttons now. The gimmicks being thrown at young officers to sell them holsters makes me sick.

Very nice, as always George...you've got a real knack for making leather "glow"...what are you finishing with?

Very nice holster! PLEASE try to convince him that the holster you made him is much safer than the crap that they are pitching with the rotating hoods and push buttons now. The gimmicks being thrown at young officers to sell them holsters makes me sick.

Fortunately he is not a kydex or plastic kind of person, the boy likes his leather.

Very nice, as always George...you've got a real knack for making leather "glow"...what are you finishing with?

Light dye touch up then a coat or two of Fiebing's Leather Balm with Atom Wax.

Let it dry up and buff like hell.

That is really sweet. Nice and clean. How much did W&C charge for shipping on that leather? I was quoted $40-$50 shipping to Arizona... I would love to try their leather but no way am I paying that much to ship it.

That is really sweet. Nice and clean. How much did W&C charge for shipping on that leather? I was quoted $40-$50 shipping to Arizona... I would love to try their leather but no way am I paying that much to ship it.

Varies on the weight for me. I live close enough to Penn. that it runs About $40-45 for two to three sides of 8-9 oz.

I'll stick with W&C until something I like better comes along. I ordered 3 sides of HO a while back, two a grades and a b grade all had enough wrinkles over the entire side to make it impossible to make anything that didn't look like bull hide. Tried using it on a belt and it creased everywhere there was a wrinkle on it. Never had that happen with W&C.

That said, W&C has had it's drawbacks over the years.

Nicely done.