span65

How Do I Print A Logo Like Hermes And Other High End Leather Products

hey guys im new to leathercrafting and was wondering how i could print a logo on my creations like they do at Hermes. I know you can emboss or brand but I like how it looks in ink. thanks in advance for your help.

post-46184-0-08124100-1386300135_thumb.j

Edited by span65

hey guys im new to leathercrafting and was wondering how i could print a logo on my creations like they do at Hermes. I know you can emboss or brand but I like how it looks in ink. thanks in advance for your help.

Hermes-Birkin-Bag-35CM-Togo-Leather-Hermes-Logo-Rilievo-In-Khaki-With-Gold-Hardware-5.jpg

Your photo is not showing up.

It looks like it is hot stamped with foil. Theres is probably done by machine.

Ditto it's hot foil stamped.

Yes, get a hot foil stamp machine, some letterpress type, and some hot foil and voila! I got mine off Ebay. The foil and the type were easy, the machine at a price I was willing to pay was a bit more difficult.

Edited by veedub3

If you want to see one in action, try a local Bible book store. They usually have one.

May God bless,

Dwight

The machines show up on ebay fairly frequently--look for "Kingsley hot foil machine"or "Kwikprint hot foil machine" to see a few examples. Depending on the machine, you may need other equipment as well, such as type holders. The type is often machine specific. There are also some people that use the hot foil and a specially made "branding iron" and seem to do fairly well with the simplified arrangement.

One of those machines is a bit much for someone who is just starting out. Do you know where one can get the "specially made" branding irons?

I don't know what most end up paying for them, but I got mine for $140. Not that bad. I would think most other options would be close to $100.

Electrathon would you mind telling me which one you purchased? I'm shopping on eBay for Kingsley and kwikprints but they range from 500-2000

Mine is a Franklin and I got it for $180 including the shipping. It took me three weeks of bidding on about 10 different auctions before I was able to get one that was in my price range. I already had type that I was using with my arbor press so all I needed was the hot foil. Didn't know there was different type for different machines but luckily my type worked with my machine. Early this year someone on Ebay was selling full unopened sets of type for $10 each. I got 6 different fonts and sizes.

That Kingsley that is currently being bid on now would be a great buy IMO for $149, but I am sure by the end of the bidding, it will be much more than that which is what killed many of the deals I was bidding on. The ones I lost the bidding on, not one sold for less than $350 which was more than I wanted to pay for one, and it seemed that everyone waited to the last possible minute of bidding to throw in a bid that ran the price up. (I do that also - so I can't blame them :)), but the prices have been on the high side these last several weeks, and if they are selling the accessories along with the machine they have been even higher.

Karina

One of those machines is a bit much for someone who is just starting out. Do you know where one can get the "specially made" branding irons?

I'm afraid I don't. They seem to be brass heads that are either heated like a soldering iron or in a hotplate, but other than that, I don't know anything about the ones that are made for using with commercial hot foil. I haven't seen any of them in person. However, from what I have seen from pictures, they seem to be similar to the tools and methods used for producing gilded patterns on books. This might give you some idea here: http://www.edenworkshops.com/images/gilding.pdf

Here is a Kingsley on ebay bid is $149.00 right now. http://www.ebay.com/...=item20dbefa168

The bid for this machine is now $610!!!!!! Ouch!!

lwleathers.com makes custom stamps and branding irons

The bid for this machine is now $610!!!!!! Ouch!!

wholly cats, it sold for $650 + shipping. That is nuts!

I got my stamp from lwleathers.com. It does a good job. They are sponsors here on the site. They were nice to work with and very helpful. It does come from China though. I wasn't aware of that at the time, but still, pleased with my mark.