The Blue Gun Store, a division of RMB leather is back ordered big time. Other places are charging$10.00 or more over the price of the store.

Where do you get your blue/training guns? I need three pretty bad. S&W M&P 9 4.25", a P89, and a N frame 4".

Last time I ordered from the Bluegun store (October) my back ordered stuff was here in about a week. A few months before that there was a very long wait due to rings being overloaded.

You will only get your blue gun faster then the blue gun store gets them if where ever you buy them from has them in stock. Most places only keep in stock the ones that are extremely popular such as shields etc. If the store you order from has to get them from Rings the wait will be the same.

I buy from Ring's when I need something and normally the wait is the same for everyone else.

However, I needed a couple of dummy mags real fast a couple of weeks ago. When I called I didn't get John or Carl, seems there was a new guy taking orders. He told me the mags were not in stock at the moment, I explained my situation and he said he would mold them for me and get them out the next morning.

I received them 3 days later.

Can't remember his name and not sure it wasn't a fluke, but it worked out fast.

You will also pay retail, but you can request USPS Priority Mail and save a little.

I've ordered from both places and I always go back to Rob's store. Ordering direct from Ring's (the last time I did), it was $45.95 + shipping. They were fast a few times and slow a few, too. Rob is less expensive and in my experience, just as quick.

Botach Tactical has the best pricing at $39.00 a gun... no tax and free shipping but they are always drop shipping from Blue Guns with a back order. Otherwise I direct from Blue Guns at the full $48 retail price if in a pinch.

Botact Tactical does not have the Smith or Ruger in stock. No listing for a N frame. Apparently Rings has the market cornered and backed up. Dang!!

Yeah, pretty sure Ring's doesn't have an N frame. Bunkhouse tools does. At least I'm pretty sure it's an N frame. They list it as a "Magnum." Looking at the pics, it sure looks like it's a mold for a 4 inch N frame. Send them an e-mail and ask, they answered a question I had pretty fast. Here's the link to the dummy:

http://www.shop.bunkhousetools.com/Magnum-4-Barrel-929.htm

Paul

This is where I have gotten all of mine, . . .

They have always treated me right, . . . best price I could find too.

http://www.letargets.com/estylez_ps.aspx?searchmode=category&searchcatcontext=~080000~080200~080202

May God bless,

Dwight

Red, sent you a PM I can help you out with one of them. I gave you the same info on Bunbk house that Colt Hammerless gave you. It is an N frame, Raymond told me they molded it from a model 27.

Thanks CR. Will check mail.

I just got 2 from Rob that were backordered and it took close to 2 weeks. I ordered another one from him today and it shipped today. Luck of the draw I guess. I won't order from Botach, a lot of negative press out there on them. I have ordered a few off ebay with good success. Sometimes I'll catch a used on at a good price or a Blackhawk training gun. Most of mine still come from Rob.

Rob has been pretty quick lately. Last January through March orders took 3-4 weeks. Now back ordered blue guns have been running around 2 weeks.

Edited by triage1998

In November I ordered a S&W Shield from Rob (Bluegun Store and got it two days later. On Novemeber 26 (2 days before Thanksgiving I ordered two that were back ordered with a lead time of 10 - 20 business days I recieved them yesterday about 12 business days not bad for this time of year.

Tomorrow will be two weeks from the time I ordered from The Blue Gun Store. Discovered the store is about 2 hours south of me in Albermarle.

Talked to Kurt Bauer, general manager for Ring's, and opened an account there. Retail is now $48.00 plus shipping. He told me that Ring's is a family owned business and they decided not to hire on extra people to catch up with the shortage and then lay them off. Did it in the past and they don't like the results.

The P89 seems to be a dinosaur. Shouldn't have taken the order but didn't know better. Life.

Red, I believe your order number is 3182 and it has been 10 business days out of the 20 business days estimated. I have asked to get an ETA anyways and will let you know once I get that.

Thanks Rob.

Red, your order shipped today. I updated your account with the tracking information so you should have received an email.

E-mail received.