Sona

Some Sheats For Larp Swords

Hi there,

even if I think that a lot of you are mainly interested in stuff for other areas, i just wanted to show you two sheaths I made for a larp sword and a larp sax.

Sadly the leather isn´t that good quality so the tooling came out quite unsatisfying. Gotta find a better leather-source....

11391185415_079e919f6e_m.jpg 11391335243_56ab400b6e_m.jpg 11354567445_b30f89ca2b_m.jpg 11354721703_df3e61a47d_m.jpg

Bot are wetformed by using a wooden model an lined with loden. The fur is from a goat.

Hope you like it ;)

nice job ;)

The beauty of this forum is the amazing diversity of the people and the craft - thank you for showing these. They are beautifully shaped. Nice work!

Sadly the leather isn´t that good quality so the tooling came out quite unsatisfying. Gotta find a better leather-source....

Have you tried the European import Herman and Oak leather from Logis de Cordes (France)?

They have skirting, tooling leather in many thickness and color

And it just tools amazingly especially the chestnut (my fav')

Edited by Aurelie

Thx to both of you ;)

@Mike:

That´s what I think everytime I come here. Even if there seems to be a majority of people who make holsters and bags (and beautiful ones! ^^). In Germany most people I know who like to work with leather are people from the LARP-section (like me) or similar hobbies (living history, reenactment and so on), or sheathmakers. In America (and many other countries) it seems to be a little bit different if I look at this forum ;)

But that´s just one reason why I like it. By looking at all those holsters and stuff I´d love to make one myself... but sadly I wouldnßt have any use for it ^^. Well maybe there´ll be the time... someday *laugh*

@Aurelie:

Actually not, no.

I got like three sellers I cut out right now. One was just strange and an alcoholic (but had good leather.... that was a complicated decision, but I didn´t feel comfortable there...) another sent me leather dirty leather with scary (glue-?)spots on it and this one just doesn´t have the quality I want. I got one where I always found special leather (i.e. really nice goats and even if I didn´t buy it stuff like ostrich, frog, moray, salmon and so on) but I never ordered veg tanned hides from him... actually I just realized that and I think I´ll give him a try.

But just for me to know: Is there a english/german version of their website? My french is limited to just a few words to tell people, that I neither speak, nor understand french that much ^^.

But just for me to know: Is there a english/german version of their website? My french is limited to just a few words to tell people, that I neither speak, nor understand french that much ^^.

I do not even know if they have a website to be honest.

I have their email address (i will give it to you in MP)

They re resailling Hand o in whole Europe including Germany.

They speak english for sure and maybe even German

very nice work.

Abbey England in the UK do very good leather and ship world wide ,

do not have website details but GOOGLE them for website.

BEAUTIFUL WORK!!!!!