Tiara

Xmas Present, Damascus Boot Knife With Stingray Handle And Sheath

My sweetheart asked me to make this for his son who collects knives.

Bought the knife on ebay and had some rowstone stingray.

Since this was to be a boot knife with clip I was uncertain about making a secure sheath.

I recycled a hard sheath listed as a boot/neck knife sheath with a cord through the end.

I didn't like the clip that was on it, cut it off, used a metal clip plus thin black leather to cover the resin on back and sides, painted both black to match, used the epoxy glue recommended by the maker to attach the leather to the handle and front of the sheath, sanded edges and touched them up with the same black acrylic paint and was done.

The thickness of the row stone makes the sheath hold it tightly for wearing as a neck knife.

Far from a great job but for my first one it came out acceptable enough that the young man loves it. The combo of black stingray and the black/gray of the knife was my sweetheart's idea. We think it worked well enough to be pleasing.post-35604-0-82078300-1387819009_thumb.jpost-35604-0-21653800-1387819012_thumb.j

I like it! Well done!