MrLentz

Rack For Drying Leather?

Hello,

I am about to dip dye several small pieces of leather and I am looking for a good way to dry them on some sort of shelf or rack.

Does anyone have any good idea for a rack system of drying, say if you have to dry 100 small pieces and couldn't fill up all your tables? There must be some sort of plastic grating that allows airflow?

Thanks!!

This works like a champ.

May God bless,

Dwight

post-6728-0-51279500-1388147038_thumb.jp

Actually, . . . not thinking about a push pin, . . . but rather the pins that a seamstress uses to hold stuff together.

Mom called em "stick pins" when I was growing up, . . . she got all she ever needed from the packages which our shirts came in. With Pop and 4 boys, . . . she bought enough shirts to have a small mountain of pins.

They easily slide into the edge of 3/4 oz leather . . . lay the leather down on a flat surface, . . . put a putty knife on it flat side down, . . . insert your pin with the string already attached, . . . voila.

OR, . . . rabbit wire will work, . . . just make sure that the side not seen by the consumer is always placed down as there will be lines.

I actually dry a lot of my stuff on newspaper.

May God bless,

Dwight

Do they still sell the 2' x 4' diffuser grids for flourescent lights? Seems to me they are half inch grids and are plastic.

I use a wood dish rack. I rest the parts upright. there are lots of slots to rest the work in. If you have a finish side you can rest the part on it's back. Rob

White enameled wire shelf from hardware store, can be mounted on the wall or hanged under the table. Free standing version is shoe stand from the same material, 4 shelves.

I think you need to head to the baking section at Walmart or Target and get cookie cooling racks. They're stackable and will not take up a huge amount of room, and let plenty of air circulate to dry your items.