stitchwizzard

Winter Storm Project. 1911 Cavalry Holster Templates

I finally got the big winter storm which gave me the time to make the Tandy 1911 Cavalry holster and template set. I bought the pattern set early this summer and put it away

for a winter storm. We have had a lot of blowing snow yesterday and today, almost a Blizzard in northern Ohio. So my excuse to hold off on finally getting this project done was gone!

It turned out to be a fun and fast project. This one's going to my brother in law who has begging me to make one for him.

Thanks for looking!

Joyce~

Back River Laser

post-25445-0-94224900-1388715639_thumb.j

post-25445-0-41777200-1388715657_thumb.j

post-25445-0-71115200-1388715672_thumb.j

post-25445-0-24429200-1388715709_thumb.j

post-25445-0-72299100-1388715725_thumb.j

post-25445-0-35487900-1388715745_thumb.j

Edited by stitchwizzard

Joyce, I am envious of your ability to turn out those templates. They sure make laying out a complicated pattern easier. The finished holster looks great as well.

Thank you Ed! :cowboy:

That's nice Joyce, well done.

If you want more quality leather time move to northern Ontario, we have daily blizzards.

Kevin.

Holster looks great! How did you make the templetes? Were they hard to make? Anyway came out looking great. I made the same one recently but did not do the U.S. I carved falling oak leaves on mine. Thanks for sharing. John

Hey Tree Reaper...Are you guys are shipping your weather down here? It's supposed to be -11 F. here today. Brrr. Tee shirt weather for you guys up north eh!

Thanks John, I did few hours of CAD work of cleaning up the hand drawing for symmetry. Then I added stitch holes to the pattern and finally cut the templates on my 100 watt CNC laser. Custom acrylic templates are my specialty. I should add that This set of templates were for my own personal use and not for sale.

Joyce~

Blackriverlaser.com

Edited by stitchwizzard

We're offering free shipping this month so enjoy your time indoors.

I'm getting to feel like I'm under house arrest.

If you are going to cut sets of templates and offer them for sale , I'd like to purchase one thanks , silver bullet

Silverbullet, I do offer over 60 template sets and gauges. I do not sell copyrighted designs. Nor will I sell customer's designs unless given permission first.

I do a lot of custom templates for customers. I hope to do business with you sometime!

Thank you,

Joyce~

I'm wondering how that can be copyright, would that not be a U.S Government copyright that expired several decades ago?

If Tandy used it then I'm guessing it would be legal for someone else but I could be wrong.

Kevin