emmacornes

Nice To Meet You From Chester, England

Hello there

I've been a lurker for a little while.

I'm a British Bagmaker - I mostly use British textiles, but I like to dabble with leather too. And I obviously like to use leather for my handles.

Although I'm fairly new to leather working I'm already addicted. My tool box is already over flowing - I've developed a bit of a thing for vintage tools...

Hope to say hello to you all soon - on a mission to learn more about skiving (of the leather type).

Emma

Welcome Emma to the best darned leather site this side of the pond. You will find good people willing to share a wealth of knowledge. I look forward to seeing some of your future projects.

Thanks for the welcome! The community has already been so helpful - hopefully in time I can give something back.

Hi Emma. I'm down in Plymouth - about as soggy as it is up your way :) Those are pretty neat looking bags - & a good looking website.

Bev

Hello Miss Emma and welcome to the forum!

Thanks for all the nice comments - lovely to meet you all. And all the advice I've had has been really useful - got my new skiving machine up and running... She's a beauty.

Hei Emma I'm Tony and I live in Ormskirk so I'm not a million miles from you I'm a saddle maker and general leather worker if you need any help or advice just send me a message iv got tons of bag type leather of all different types if you ever need any

Best regards

Tony

Greetings from soggy Oldham!

adam

Hi Adam and Tony

Nice to hear from some locals!

Emma

Hi Emma I live about 8 miles from Chester Zoe

Like your site, info and sharing.. and wish you well! By the way, I spent some time exploring the works of the Donegal Tweed factory.. I believe it's called, but stand to be corrected!.. ,and found the work there absolutely fantastic and so memorable.. are you close to that area? Keith( aka desertt guy)

Hi Zoe and Keith

Donegal Tweed tweed is stunning stuff - might use some in one of my designs at some point. Although it's over in Ireland, that's not really too far away.

Have a great week.

Emma

Welcome from Herefordshire. :)