Piedmont

Consew 226 Foot Lifting Lever

Hey everyone,

I just got this new to me Consew 226. super psyched about having this hoss.. I had to take it apart a bit to get it back to my shop, and now I'm hooking the presser foot lift back up and running into an issue. Check out the attached pic where I tried to point everything out.

But basically its not hooking in right. That vertical bar coming up from the bottom is what is attached to my foot pedal. It somehow attaches to the lever that lifts the walking foot and that's my issue. I'm not 100% sure how it should attach. I think it should somehow attach to that piece on the body, but its on the wrong side.

What would be really great is if someone out there with a 226 would just take a pic of theirs and I could go from there..

Thanks!

Todd

post-43638-0-86984000-1389190769_thumb.j

The long bar is made to hook up a chain to use a foot lifter.You need to get a different (shorter back bar ) to make the knee lift work.

Thanks Bob! I may have not been clear.. But the foot lift is fine, don't really need a knee lift.. If you look at that pic the foot lift bar isn't attached to the lever that works the presser foot, and that's the rub.. How is the foot pedal bar supposed to attach to the lever that works the actual machine foot?

The long bar is made to hook up a chain to use a foot lifter.You need to get a different (shorter back bar ) to make the knee lift work.

Same thing that Bob is saying, here are the parts, from what I can tell from your post and pics what you need, or may need, see attached file that highlights the parts and part numbers. Good luck!

http://keysew.com/Webpages/DemoImages/226R-2NkeeLifterParts.pdf

226R-2NkeeLifterParts.pdf

if you don't need the long lever, I could probably use it as on my table I have a different knee lifter which does not work with the levers attached to the back of my machine. Can you post a picture showing the whole lever please?

if you don't need the long lever, I could probably use it as on my table I have a different knee lifter which does not work with the levers attached to the back of my machine. Can you post a picture showing the whole lever please?

Yes, I had seen that after I posted the knee lifter setup parts you would need.

This image is the same as the 226R, except the chain in this pic goes through the machine pedestal, table top, and down to the foot pedal. Your 226R is identical except that the chain goes from the lifting arm lever, down behind the bed of the machine past through a hole in the table top, then down to the foot pedal. If the lifting lever hammers while sewing, let me know, you may or would need a counter spring for the lifting lever.

227RBack.jpg

I dont have a consew but a Singer 111w156 and it came with a Pfaff knee lifter (I know it because I had the same on my Pfaff 138 once) but on the back of the machine it has the original Singer 2-lever-system and the two system do not work together because the original Singer lever setup needs a push mechanism knee lifter and the Pfaff knee lifter needs a pull lever. So this lever from the consew is what I would need.

I would assume it will fit to my Singer, right?

Hmm, I could totally just do that.. just a chain from the pedal to the lifting lever and forget about all my mess in between.. good stuff..

Just to put a cap on this thread, I ended up going with a nice green wire connecting the foot pedal to the lever and it works perfect.. Thanks for the ideas and all the help..

Now if I can just learn how to slow this beast down I'd be set!