sifuleatherworks

Creel Style Fly Fishing Bag

Been working on a personal project this past week and just finished up. First time making a bag, let alone a creel style fishing bag, (it's draped over your non casting arm to allow you more freedom of movement while casting) The gusset gave me some problems hand stitching it, but overall it turned out ok. Small case on the waist strap was made to hold fishing and drivers licenses, I attached with snaps on the shoulder strap a patch of wool for flies, there is a net attachment on the back side of the strap, one tug on the magnet and it's in your hands. Braided artificial sinew looped through the eyelet on the cover holds my tippet lines.

post-40337-0-67054100-1389322739_thumb.j

post-40337-0-35458100-1389322742_thumb.j

post-40337-0-88675500-1389322748_thumb.j

Superb

Excellent fabrication of a bag with specific design for your needs. For a first bag, that is excellent!

It is hard to see your edging and corners, that is what separates the men from the boys, but from what I can tell, looks ok.

Nice job!

Very nice bag and great utility of straps and buckles for the specifics of fly fishing.

You knocked that one out of the park, when fly fishing it is tough to keep everything you'd like to have at hand!

Wow that's pretty great. That will be a handy item to have fishing.

Thanks everyone for the comments...it was a fun project, and I will be changing some things on the next one... ;)

Nice first bag fer sure. In fact, it's so nice that I wouldn't want to get it wet... :)

Michelle

Nice first bag fer sure. In fact, it's so nice that I wouldn't want to get it wet... :)

Michelle

Thanks Michelle! I kinda felt the same way...but I took it out on the river the other day and got some water on the lower half while wading...it dried nicely, the resolene helped I think...but that's what the bag is for..so i'm sure it will roughen up with use....

Very cool project. Nice when we get time to make something so useful. I am jealous. I want one.